Thursday 3 November 2016

Review: Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

 

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...A convict with a thirst for revenge
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager
A runaway with a privileged past
A spy known as the Wraith
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes


Kaz's crew are the only ones who might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.


Oh wow where do I begin. I am a little late to the party, I have had this book on my shelf for some time and lately I have been binge reading her Grisha Trilogi. And I must admit I am really glad that I have held back and waited until I finished the other books. Amazing authors always raise their bar with every book and this is what happens here once again, I like to grow with the author and their world. But enough of that, because this has been one of my absolute favourite books ever. I really liked the Grisha trilogy but I freaking loved this.

When I first started to read this book I struggled a little to keep up as their was so many different names, but this didn't last long and as soon as I got into the story I couldn't put the book down. It was physically painful to leave this book behind. 

I love the characters, not just one of them, ALL of them. All for very different reasons, but I love them equally. Well, I might have a little bit of a crush on Kaz... why can't we stay away from the troubled boys?? I like my book boyfriends to be just like him! Everyone is so interesting and intriguing and I love how we get to know them all slowly as the story progresses. 

The world building is world class! There is so much detail to everything I feel like I have been there and seen it all with my own eye. I am already saddened that this is a two book series only. I don't think I will ever get enough of it. 

Can we talk about how clever Bardugo is?? These heists, wow! How does she come up with this sceaming? What a brilliant mind. I will literally read everything this lady will write in the future. 

I am totally and utterly in love with this book! 

Incredible, captivating and impossible to put down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment