Monday 1 August 2016

YALC 2016 Wrap Up

image

So our first time at YALC is over and i am really really sad about that. I want to go again already. I went with my best friend Ela who also has an amazing book blog (check it out here). We haven't been able to go on all 3 days but we have spend Friday afternoon and Saturday running around YALC and we have literally had the best time ever. This is me and my friend waiting to get in on the Saturday morning.



Of course the YALC is all about amazing books and authors and we have gotten some pretty amazing books. Although we have certainly learned our lesson and will be taking something on wheels next time so we don't have to carry them all around with us. I have dragged 26 books half way across England in my suitcase on my way home. This is all the books that now need to find some space on my shelves. Tbh I am surprised the Hubby let me into the house ha ha
This is all of them together...



But the books haven't been all that I had to carry home there has been some amazing swag to be had too. Tons of it and i just had to have it all. I love the little badges and the samplers, postcards, bookmarks, tote bags.... Just wow! To top it off there was sweets everywhere too. Yum! And much needed.
Here is all the incredible swag...






These are all the different piles of books that i have, split in categories. The first one being my own books that i have taken with me to get signed...


The books I've bought at Waterstones to get signed on the day...


The books I bought because I am super weak and I just cant resist an amazing cover...


And the amazing proofs we have managed to get our hands on. Some of these involved some serious running and luck.


I am so so happy with the amazing haul from YALC! If i wasn't on the train i think there might have been much more. But dragging all this home was rather a challenge. Next year we are taking a car for sure.

But what is even more amazing at YALC is meeting all the incredible authors, publishers, bloggers, readers, old friends and new friends. Everyone is super lovely and you can easily start a chat with anyone. And most authors, no matter how long their queue, have taken some time to have a little chat which made it all very special. Sometimes we was so busy chatting away we haven't always managed to take a picture but here are the ones we have remembered to take...



Taking home so many signed books has been amazing and they will not only have a special place on my shelves but also in my heart.




Thank you to everyone who has helped to build this event and all the people who have made it so special esp Ela, the authors and the publishers. We will be back next year with an even better battle plan and with a suitcase on wheels.

If you couldn't make it to YALC, over on twitter I have a tiny giveaway of some swag, I know its not the same but I hope it will make someone smile. Head over and good luck.






No comments:

Post a Comment