Thursday 26 May 2016

Review: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

17927395


Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.




Holy mother... where do I even begin? I don't think anything I can say will be good enough for this book! My head just wants to release all kinds of jiberrish, which would make very little sense to anyone else. It wont be easy to put my thoughts together in a way that everyone can understand, and that doesn't consist of me purely shouting: 'oh the feels!!' all the time. This book has just thrown emotions at me all the time, all kinds of emotions, I don't think it left any out. This isn't a book hangover this is a book whiplash.

While I have been in love with the first book this one has gone and completely overshadowed it. Like, by miles and miles. It is in a league of its own.

I daren't mention anything about the actual story because I don't want to spoil this for anyone, not one little bit. But let me tell you this, the characters we already know just grow so much in this book. You will love some even more then you already did while you find hating others you may have loved. Fayre is so much more, she is finally the amazing Fae she was made to be. While broken from what she had to go through in book one she begins to heal and grow.

But I love all the new characters so much too, they bring so much more to this book. I wanna be their friend, be on their side.

Can we just mention Rhysand? I mean helloo!!! I couldn't get enough of him and I would quite happily follow him through anything. He is by far my new favourite book boyfriend.

What a way to turn this whole story upside down, to deliver something so different to the first book, while still completely making sense and following up on book one.

While this book is very long, it in no way, ever, got boring. Not for a second. There is nothing I would leave out. It all leads to an ending that had me die of all the mixed emotions. That's what this book is: a full load of emotions. It broke my heart, it mended it, it made me angry, it made me fall in love, it made me hate and it made me happy and smile.

The world building is just outstanding, Maas' talent knows no boundaries. If she can lift the bar again for the next book it might emotionally destroy its readers. The ending seriously leaves you wanting more, wanting it now, just a chapter, a page.... please? It certainly delivers a very interesting foundation for the next book. Promising another unpredictable twist in this story.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this book! Your review has me so excited!! Great review, Aggie. :)
    New Bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete