Saturday 19 September 2015

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

 
 
"It's not exactly love at first sight for Tate Collins when she meets the tormented and secretive Miles Archer. They wouldn't even go as far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is a mutual physical attraction that can't be denied. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they might have stumbled on the perfect no-strings arrangement. He isn't looking for love, and she doesn't have time for it - so that leaves just the sex. What they got could be surprisingly satisfying, as long as Tate can stick to the two rules Miles has for her: never ask about the past; don't expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but everything is different when real emotions start to change the equation."


This will be my first ever book review, so please dont expect perfection. And i will have to try my best to not add any spoilers.

I have been interested in blogging for some time, so here I am reviewing my first book and I am glad its this one because if you havent read the book yet then you really really should. I read a lot and this has been by far the best book i have read in a long long time, making me wish i had discovered Colleens books much sooner.

It was recommendet to me by a friend who explained that this book will soon be a movie, a movie that will bridge the gab between the first two fifty shades movies. It already has a teaser trailer that suggests just that too. But boy was my friend wrong. This is nothing like fifty shades. Yet i find myself comparing it to it, sorrt about that. So i fully expected a book full of sex scenes that somehow make me cringe here and there and a guy that i cant decide whether i love or hate or both. But instead off all that i have gotten a book so well written that i have found myself completley falling in love with Miles. And yes Miles himself is incredible, you will love him too. But more then that its the way Colleen makes you feel everything Tate does too. I was laughing with her, loving with her, hoping with her and crying with her. And let me tell you i am not easily broken by a book. What an amazing talent it is to make a readers heart race just as much as the one of her main characters. From the moment they meet, which is in a rather unusual way, i couldnt put it down. And i cant recommend it enough. Yes there is some sex but let me be brutally honest here... its the kind that every women dreams off!!! While Colleen takes you on a roller coaster ride with Miles and Tate you will also get a glimpse of Miles' past and story. Which in itself is a story that can not be missed. Through the whole book I was wondering why Miles wasnt looking for love or was fighting it. And i imagined many different things. None even came close. And its always amazing when you cant predict a book at all... Absolutely amazing.

I am now ready to read more of Colleens books in the hope that they are magic like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment